Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Iditarod










Jeopardy Review: the class formed teams by color houses and Played Jeopardy Iditarod. 
A student shared,"This was awesome!"
Iditarod Missing Sled Dog Story 

Checking out Musher Standings.
Look here it is!
Alaskadispatch.com
Iditarod Mushers over Rainy Pass


ADN Iditarod ~ Check out the mushers


Iditarod the Last Great Race

"Alaska... Where men are men and women win the Iditarod"
Following their mushers!
Woman Mushers 
Susan Butcher is also the only person ever to win the 1,161 mile Iditarod three consecutive times

Dee Dee's best place in the Iditarod was 2nd in 1993 

Libby Riddles became the very first woman to ever win the Iditarod in 1985. 

Mary Shields was one of two women to be the first to participate in the Iditarod Trail Race in 1974.






DeeDee "Pretty in Pink"

Angie number #40 in Anchorage

 Angie's Mushing Adventures
My Dream, My Love and My Life . . .
     I grew up and have lived most of my life in Ketchikan, Alaska. I was the first person from Ketchikan to compete in and complete the Iditarod. This will be my second running of Iditarod. I completed the 2011 Iditarod in 13 days 1 hour 49 minutes and 24 seconds. I came in 43rd out of 63 mushers. I had the time of my life and I hope to take what I learned on my inaugural run and improve on my second run down the trail to Nome!!
referred from
http://mushingadventures.blogspot.com/p/about-angie.html

Taggart into Mcgrath 

Angie at the Iditarod starting point (Willow)   
Ketchikan Musher  Ketchikan Musher


Angie taking care of her dogs in Skwentna. In the cold and dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment